MEET ME IN BALI
I can’t believe I am just hours away from hopping on a plane to spend 29 glorious days relaxing in Bali, Indonesia along side my handsome boyfriend, my favourite sister and my long lost friend/ travel guide/brother I never had.
The countdown is officially over and at last, my longing wanderlust will be fulfilled.
I am ridiculously excited, but also beginning to panic. Have I done everything? Do I have everything?
Wait. Where’s my passport?
With every trip comes a lot of planning. It is not as easy as simply buying the ticket and jet setting across the globe to earn that desired passport stamp and tick on the old bucket list.
And being a girl, well, that comes with a whole other set of things to do.
While my boyfriend has been off enjoying life as per normal, my sister and I have been working on our base tans, making sure our eyebrows are on point, hair is freshened up, teeth are whitened and eyelashes are as low maintenance as they can possibly be.
And don’t forget that bikini body. Even just the sheer thought of spending a month in Bali instantly upped my workout routine and diet regimen.
I had mentally started packing numerous times in an attempt to narrow my luggage down to just one bag, and whether I have covered all my bases or not, I did it. The zipper may be on the verge of bursting, but I did it.
Along with my travel documents and all three of my cameras, these are my must have items that made the cut every time.
1. Missy May Bags Duffle & Fanny Pack: This one is surely a no-brainer. These bags come everywhere with me.
They are impossibly cute, super functional and perfect for all my adventures from the plane ride there, to day trips, to collecting all sorts of trinkets along the way.
Bonus: These particular ones are also water resistant.
2. All Twerk and No Pray Custom Swimsuit: Against my boyfriend’s wishes, I had been on the hunt for a one-piece swimsuit for quite some time.
I was sold on the fact I could wear it as a tank top under my jean shorts, but trying to find one this flattering and this cute was tougher than it sounds.
This little number could quite possibly be the cutest item I have in my luggage. I am very pleased with everything about it and even happier I found it just in time to Meet Me In Bali.
3. Natures Aid Skin Gel: Some family introduced me to this miracle skin gel this past summer and absolutely raved about it. I finally got my hands on some a couple months ago and have been using it ever since.
I am hooked. And actually kind of ticked off it took me so long to discover it.
I put it on my face every morning and evening and it is my go to for sunburns, eczema, pesky acne and even annoying mosquito bites. A little bit goes a long way and I love how it doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy at all.
4. Lipsense Lipstick – I am so glad I was recently introduced to this lip product. Not only is it smudge proof, kiss proof, water proof and lasts for hours, it also provides sun protection while I am wearing it.
As you can imagine, I will be spending plenty of time in the sunshine, eating, drinking, swimming (and kissing), possibly all at once, so this is an absolute must bring.
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/145498365910675/
5. Goodbite Snack Bars: With all this hard work I have put in to making sure my bikini-bod is Bali-ready, I’ll be damned if I ruin it with tasteless, processed airplane food before I even get there.
These snack bars are seriously delicious, made from ingredients I can read. Plus, with six different flavours there’s not even a chance we will get sick of them during our dreaded 20 hours of flights.
As I sit here with my passport and boarding pass in hand, I have a feeling of overwhelming excitement (mixed with a tiny bit of nervousness). Whatever I didn’t do or forgot to pack, chances are won’t even matter, because I will be in BALI with three of my favourite people on earth!
Disclaimer: Some of the mentioned companies have provided me with variations of compensation for promotion of their product; however, it does not discredit the fact I personally love every one of these items and they will all be coming with me on my trip.